Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.rescuedogsdelhi.com.
Information you give us
We may collect information from you in the following ways:
- if you contact us about adoptions or fostering;
- if you respond to our newsletters;
- if you contact us about volunteering or fundraising on our behalf;
- if you attend an event that we have organised or are participating in;
- if you provide services/consultancy either via an agency or directly to us;
- if you subscribe to our newsletter;
- if you contact us directly via the contact details on our website (WhatsApp, e-mail etc) or via social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
If you interact with us in any of the above ways, we may collect and process the following information:
- details such as your name, email address, phone number and other contact information;
- social media accounts/profiles;
- any information you enter on our website or provide via email, SMS, Whatsapp, telephone or social media;
- any records of your correspondence with us via our website, email, SMS, Whatsapp, telephone or social media;
- details of your visit to our website, including your IP address.
We may receive your information via a third party, for example fundraising sites like BitGiving or petition sites like Change.org. They will share information in accordance with their own data protection policies, and we advise you to check their privacy statements to better understand how they process your personal data.
What we use your information for
We may use your personal information for the following reasons:
- to provide you with the most relevant services, ads, products or information;
- to process your donation;
- to facilitate the adoption of dogs including aftercare purposes to ensure successful rehoming;
- for our own internal record keeping;
- to keep you up to date with Rescue Dogs Delhi news, fundraising campaigns, events and any other information about our products and services or those that we provide access to;
- to permit selected third parties to send you details about products or services that we believe may interest you;
- to ensure our website is optimised to give you the best experience for you and your computer/mobile device.
Images sent to us following successful adoptions may be used on our website, in our newsletter communications and on our social media platforms. Any image published by us will be available to the public for viewing and commenting. By submitting any content to us you are allowing us to use it in the manner mentioned above.
We may analyse your personal information in order to provide more relevant and specific communications to individuals or segments of our database. We may also use these profiles to make donation requests to those more able and willing in order to raise funds quickly and more cost-effectively. This information could include previous donation amounts or interests expressed in specific animals or activities.
We may use Facebook ads to display campaigns to existing supporters when they visit Facebook. Please visit https://www.facebook.com/business/help/744354708981227 for more information about Facebook’s ‘Custom Audience’ program, and Facebook’s Data Policy at https://en-gb.facebook.com/policy.php.
Our website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt your information. We store all information on secure servers.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Users may choose to receive email updates by submitting an email address to the email subscription form. I use a secure opt-in subscription system and I reserve the right to contact subscribers with information related to this website and blog. Subscribers may unsubscribe anytime and every email delivered will contain an “Unsubscribe” link.
When leaving a comment, users must submit a name and email address. To combat spam, the Disqus commenting platform also records the IP address of anyone submitting a comment.
Again, none of this information will be shared with anyone.
Removing Your Data
If you would like to be removed from the email newsletter, you can click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of my emails or you can simply contact me through any of the ways mentioned in my “Contact” page to ask me to remove you.
To remove your Disqus comments from my site, you must do that yourself by logging into your Disqus account at Disqus and managing your comments.
Google Site Stats
To measure performance, Google may use small strings of text (known as cookies) that are placed on your computer when you click on ads. Cookies typically remain active on your computer for about 30 days. If you visit certain pages of the advertiser’s website during that period, Google and the advertiser may be able to tell that you saw the ad delivered by Google. You can read more about Google Site Stats here.
We may use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Rescue Dogs Delhi across the internet, in particular on the Google Display Network.
AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of the Rescue Dogs Delhi website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser.
This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device.
Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
If you do not wish to see ads from Rescue Dogs Delhi you can opt out in several ways:
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on my behalf, such as a service provider. I’m responsible for ensuring that my service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from me, limit the use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- I do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of my Facebook advertising campaigns.
- I do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifiers that identify any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- I do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR takes effect on May 25, 2018, and is intended to protect the data of European Union (EU) citizens. GreenHeartGreenSoul markets its site, content, products and/or services online but I do not specifically target marketing to the EU or conduct business in or to the EU in any meaningful way. If the data that you provide to me in the course of your use of the Site, content, products and/or services is governed by GDPR, GreenHeartGreenSoul will abide by the relevant portions of the Regulation.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) or are accessing this site from within the EEA, you may have the right to request: access to, correction of, deletion of; portability of; and restriction or objection to processing, of your personal data. This includes the “right to be forgotten.”
To make any of these requests, please contact me by going to the “Contact” page.
Thank you for reading.